In Scripture, many metaphors illustrate the Christian life. Comparisons to farming, warfare, and races are well known. One metaphor less often noticed is the ship on the sea. Ephesians 4 speaks of the need for spiritual maturity, lest we be blown and tossed by the waves. Hebrews 2 warns of the danger of "drifting away" when we fail to pay attention to God's Word. And Hebrews 6 describes our hope in God's promises through Jesus Christ as an anchor. To avoid drifting, an anchor is needed.
How can we be anchored for life, so that we remain faithful and consistent to the very end? We must learn to think differently about God's Word. For example, not all principles and commands are equally important. Some things are not as black and white as we might think (or prefer). And yet God has drawn a number of very clear lines. How can we distinguish what is absolutely essential from everything else? These lessons should help, by stimulating reflection, revealing the depth and texture of the Bible, and calling us to remain faithful, without compromise.
There is no need to drift away. Faith need not fall. We can be anchored for life.
- Lesson 1: Hitting the Bullseye
- Lesson 2: Salvation: One Way?
- Lesson 3: Test Everything
- Lesson 4: Already, But Not Yet
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ