In Luke 9:49-50, the disciples were upset. They informed Jesus they had encountered someone who appeared to be teaching the truth, but was not part of their group. So they told him to stop; he was "on the wrong side." He belonged to the "wrong tribe." Of course Jesus told them, "Do not stop him; for whoever is not against you is for you." Alas, the spirit of tribalism is alive and well!
This DVD download, was recorded live in the summer of 2007, tackles the real issues head on, from matters of fellowship to how to stay connected with true Christians "outside your tribe." It will be especially meaningful to those from a Restoration Movement background (Christian Churches, Churches of Christ, International Churches of Christ) and anyone else striving for New Testament Christianity yet not always sure how to relate to those in other "tribes" attempting to do the same.
Not to say that all who claim Jesus as Lord are true Christians (Matthew 7:21-23), for only the obedient are on the path to the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:13-14; 1 John 2:3-6)! On the other hand, any believer who has obeyed the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8) is our brother or sister. The Lord forbids us to judge them ungraciously.
Based on the Basics examines the basis for real Christianity unity.
Building (not Burning) Bridges is about authentic Christian connection, especially when there is disageement.
In the Question Session & Summary, after dealing with numerous questions from the audience, Dr. Jacoby has some challenges for all of us, as we think theologically, fight sectarianism, and "cross-pollinate" in our interactions with those outside our own fellowship.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ