Some disciples of Jesus are deeply political and become extremely passionate about their beliefs, even to the point of creating divides within the body of Christ. Can this be what God wants for the people of his kingdom? On the other end of the spectrum are disciples who have turned their faith into an exercise of piety, spurning any involvement in politics whatsoever. This may sound spiritual, but can a faith that has nothing to say about the injustices and inequities of the world really be what Jesus had in mind with the kingdom of God?
These are questions that we must wrestle with. Should we embrace politics in the church? Doesn’t that open us up to inherent divisions that will constantly separate us? Should we avoid politics completely? But can we be comfortable with a political approach that, were we living in the nineteenth century, would keep us out of the fray and comfortable with not commenting on or fighting against a political evil like slavery?
In this audio book, Michael Burns addresses these issues head-on. He lays out a comprehensive examination of the scriptural worldview of the kingdom and how that calls us to approach our discipleship and our place in the world. He then considers the role of nations and the politics of the nations and where the kingdom of God stands in those domains. He then examines the more practical elements of how a Christian community should navigate through the murky waters of worldly politics and specific issues. His goal is not to provide absolute answers but to show how we might work our way through difficult and thorny topics with a kingdom-minded approach.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ