Release Date: July 25.
Reading this book will help you to see the plight of the poor around the world. It will also call you to make practical decisions that will impact the lives of all those in need. It will inspire you to do the following:
• Study the topic of money and wealth, biblically. Nothing is more motivating than personal Bible study.
• Share the convictions you make with others: brothers, sisters, friends, everyone you know.
• Sell some of your possessions and give to the poor and to missions.
• Make a budget and live by it. Decide what you need to live on and what you can give. And be disciplined.
• Examine your purchases and ask yourself some questions: 1) Do I really need it? 2) Would I buy it a month from now? 3) Can I buy it somewhere else for less? 4) Why am I buying it?
• Pray without ceasing and fast regularly. Praying for God to lead and help you understand what you can do will help everyone. Fasting will help you realize the desperate need of the poor. Jesus did both and said his followers would also.
• Reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. Consider how you can do this. Do you need to wear the latest fashions? Do you need to upgrade to every new phone release?
• Share what you have with others. Grow in the gift of always giving.
• Plan gifts for the poor, missions, and money for the work of the Kingdom.
• Be inspired to give and serve in the work of HOPE worldwide, Inc.
Written by Douglas Jacoby and Douglas Arthur