Christian Parenting in a Non-Christian World
Whether you live in Europe or Africa, Australia or Asia or the Americas, God's word transcends culture to address your family situation. Following biblical teachings will not look the same in every family in every society, precisely because they are biblical‚ not Western or American or even modern.
With this in mind, Douglas and Vicki continually distinguish between truly biblical principles‚ which are absolute and unchanging, and practicals‚ which are local and cultural. In Principle-Centered Parenting they challenge our thinking:
- If I'm a good parent, does that guarantee my children will become Christians (the often misinterpreted Proverbs 22:6)? How much is my responsibility as a parent, and how much is their own?
- Why is training crucial, and how does it differ from discipline?
- As a father, how can I stop work from coming before family? As a mother, how can I balance it all?
- How can we help our kids to get along with each other?
- How can we keep the world out of our home, especially with the distractions of television and media?
- Why are family mealtimes among the most important things parents can do?
- What about adoption? Single parenting? The "age of accountability"?...
- and much more.
The revised Book was originally entitled The Quiver.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ