Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. Psalm 127:3-5a
The title of the book comes from Psalm 127, one of two psalms in the Bible penned by Solomon. In his analogy, the quiver holds the children; the quiver is the home. Quivers are nothing more than temporary housings for the projectiles they carry. To bring up children requires not only a "quiver,"but also a "bow."How can the arrows be shot without the bow? The parents are the archers, who by skillful use of the bow launch the arrows. This requires a steady hand, a keen eye, and a calm spirit. The goal, of course, is to hit the target. Yes, the Lord has something specific in mind for us as parents. We dare not parent "at random."
Here are a few of the questions the book addresses:
- As a mother, how can I balance it all?
- With our hectic lives, how can we make the home a haven?
- As a father, how can I stop work from coming before family?
- What's the best way to train and discipline our children?
- Why are mealtimes so important?
- What about adopted kids?
- What if I am parenting alone?
- How can we help our kids to get along with each other?
- How can we keep the world out of our home?
- When are kids old enough to become Christians?
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ