Jesus ministered to the needs of people. If we are going to follow in his steps, we must minister to the needs of people as well. That 's who Jesus was; therefore, it 's who his people ought to be.
What is the Christian response to (Jesus and the Poor) poverty? I believe that we as a fellowship of disciples of Jesus must do our best to meet the needs of the poor around the world. I believe we need to integrate the healing ministry of Jesus with the preaching and teaching ministry of Jesus. I think we must constantly challenge ourselves in this area by looking at what the Scriptures say about it. This is how we deepen convictions in our churches–we look at the Bible. We are to be a people of The Book.
"If we are to turn the world upside down as did our predecessors, we must show the world the full ministry of Jesus. The disciple earnestly striving to be like Jesus today will find this Book deeply helpful and inspiring. As one who grew up poor, I am grateful for someone like Steve being a voice for the impoverished."
–Robert Carrillo, CEO/President, HOPE worldwide
Jesus and the Poor CHAPTER TITLES
- Poverty, by a welfare mother in Tennessee
- Chapter 1: The Life and Ministry of Jesus
- Chapter 2: Who Are "the Poor?"
- Chapter 3: The Rich Man and Lazarus
- Chapter 4: The Good Samaritan
- Chapter 5: Bigger Barns
- Chapter 6: Was Jesus Poor?
- Chapter 7: Jesus with the Poor
- Chapter 8: The Jesus Dream or the American Dream?
- Chapter 9: The Sheep and the Goats
- Chapter 10: Simplicity
- Chapter 11: From Compassion to Action
- A Picture of Poverty
- Conclusion: WWJD?
- Appendix I Why Help the Poor? A Quiet Time Series
- Appendix II 50 Ways to Help the Poor
- Appendix III Facts on Global Poverty and Hunger
Jesus and the Poor, written by Dr. G. Steve Kinnard who serves as evangelist and teacher for more than thirty years.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
***FIRST: You MUST have an EREADER App to Dowload an Ebooks and Read it
*Apple Products=iBooks App. *Android=Moon+Reader App (or Any ereader app). *Kindle App
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR DESKTOP/LAPTOP/PHONE/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
When you purchase a KINDLE eBook from us, IT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP Here is a link to instructions on how to send the book to Kindle library: https://youtu.be/CKg0xt0ZbsA
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ