"Always be prepared to give an answer!"
This could be called a biblical rallying cry, a motto of the Christian apologist and it's found in 1 Peter 3:15-16:
- "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."
1 Peter was written to people who were experiencing persecution and suffering for doing good. Followers of Jesus were being admonished to be prepared to give an answer to the questions which the world was throwing at them (and I would add, to the questions they threw at themselves). Not just any answer would do. God's people, both then and now, are called to give respectful, reasoned answers so that they can maintain a clear conscience before God and their hearers; and, ultimately, so their hearers can come into a saved relationship with God. According to Webster's Dictionary, apologetics is "the branch of theology which defends Christian doctrine on the grounds of reason."The passage above is a call for followers of Jesus to be apologists. This Book is intended to help believers toward that goal.
John Oakes has used the title Field Manual for Christian Apologetics because this Book covers such a broad area of topics and it will hopefully serve as a useful tool for believers who want to engage their own doubts and provide reasonable answers to a culture that is inquiring about God.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ