"If we are to turn the world upside down as did our predecessors, we must show the world the full ministry of Jesus. The disciple earnestly striving to be like Jesus today will find this Book deeply helpful and inspiring. As one who grew up poor, I am grateful for someone like Steve being a voice for the impoverished."
–Robert Carrillo, CEO/President, HOPE worldwide
Jesus and the Poor CHAPTER TITLES
- Poverty, by a welfare mother in Tennessee
- Chapter 1: The Life and Ministry of Jesus
- Chapter 2: Who Are "the Poor?"
- Chapter 3: The Rich Man and Lazarus
- Chapter 4: The Good Samaritan
- Chapter 5: Bigger Barns
- Chapter 6: Was Jesus Poor?
- Chapter 7: Jesus with the Poor
- Chapter 8: The Jesus Dream or the American Dream?
- Chapter 9: The Sheep and the Goats
- Chapter 10: Simplicity
- Chapter 11: From Compassion to Action
- A Picture of Poverty
- Conclusion: WWJD?
- Appendix I Why Help the Poor? A Quiet Time Series
- Appendix II 50 Ways to Help the Poor
- Appendix III Facts on Global Poverty and Hunger
Jesus and the Poor, written by Dr. G. Steve Kinnard who serves as evangelist and teacher for more than thirty years.