Dr. Oakes and Mark Wilkinson share the principles that will help believers correctly understand and apply the Bible.
Listeners will be able to become familiar with key concepts of interpretation such as:
- Hermeneutics: The systematic study of the principles and methods of interpretation (of the Bible). The meaning in the greater sense.
- Exegesis: Explaining the meaning of the text; i.e., what the author meant when he wrote to the people of his day.
- Homiletics: Practical application of the meaning of the text for us today.
- Eisegesis: Reading a meaning into the text which was not in the original (because of a bias of the interpreter).
About the teachers: John Oakes explores some of the problems of misinterpretation such as using the Bible to say something it does not day; Using the Bible in an unbalanced way, and confusing command and principle. Mark Wilkinson is an assistant professor of Nursing at Lubbock Christian University. He has a Masters in Bible from the Sunset International Bible Institute and lives in Lubbock, Texas.
Over 8 hours of teachings with Word, PDFs and powerpoints included.
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ