The story of the International Churches of Christ (ICOC) is an important story in American religious history. In truth, every story of every religious movement is important, but this tradition is unique. The stunning growth it achieved through what many viewed as unorthodox techniques catapulted this movement into headlines around the country, especially in the early 1990s.
TIME magazine, for example ran a full-page story on the ICOC at that time known as the Boston Movement in 1992. TIME called this movement "one of the world's fastest growing and most innovative bands of Bible thumpers" that had grown into "a global empire of 103 congregations from California to Cairo with total Sunday attendance of 50,000."
In this text, Foster Stanback provides the first book-length, historical study of this movement. Though a member of the ICOC, Stanback has sought to write with detachment and objectivity, insofar as detachment and objectivity are possible. The result is a stunning good analysis of this tradition, its historical roots, its cultural milieu, its activities, its organiztion, its theology, and its phenomenal growth.
Members of the ICOC will find this book an indispensable guide to the roads they have traveled since 1967 when the ICOC had its earliest beginnings in Gainesville, Florida.
–Richard T. Hughes, Pepperdine Universty (From the Forward)
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours (usually ship same day)
Media Mail = 3 to 9 business days (doesn't include weekends)
International Orders (outside the US) take 5 to 21 business days
• USPS Tracking is limited to US Only; once package has left the US we can no longer tell where it is in the process
• If you pick DHL the Tracking will tell you where the package is in the process all the way to the doorstep
THESE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD TO YOUR KINDLE APP/TABLET:
Depending on the device you have some times you can hold on the download attached to this email and it will open a menu up that says one of the following:
• Open with
• Copy to
• Share to
**IN EACH CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE KINDLE APP ICON, IF YOU DO SEE IT CLICK ON IT AND IT SHOULD LOAD THE FILE TO IT. DEPENDING ON INTERNET CONNECTION IT WILL LOAD IN A MINUTE OR TWO SO GIVE IT SOME TIME.
IF IT DOESN'T LOAD OR YOU CAN'T FIND THE KINDLE ICON
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open up a browser and go to Amazon.com
2. Log in to your account
3. Put your cursor over Hello (Your Name) to the right of the search bar
4. Scroll down to content and devices
5. Near the top left under Deliver to] you will see Manage Your Content and Devices and Content is highlighted in orange
6. Click on Preferences button to the right
7. Scroll down and click on Personal Document Settings
8. You should then see your kindle fire tablet or any device you downloaded the Kindle App to, write down the kindle.com email address next to it
9. Under this same tab if you scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List you will see your email you will use to send the .mobi Kindle file from to the @kindle.com email address you just wrote down
10. Since this is your first time you may get an email from Amazon asking to verify its you; just click ok
11. It will load to your library in 5-10 minutes
Please call me if you have questions or need assistance: PAUL VASQUEZ